Jobs At Brookside Landing
Department: Business Office
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current CPR & First Aide certification.
GENERAL ACTIVITY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for providing a program of planned activities, opportunities for community participation, and services designed to meet residents physical, social and spiritual needs. This position is responsible for assisting in the general well being of the independent and assisted living residents. All areas of this position require final approval to the Executive Director prior to implementation.
ACTIVITY MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Interviews all new residents utilizing social assessment tool to establish social needs.
- Plans, organizes and conducts programs in a variety of educational, recreational and social activities designed to help residents maintain and improve physical or mental aspects of their daily living.
- Updates activity boards in both dining rooms daily.
- Has the primary responsibility of notifying and retrieving all assisted living residents with an interest in the planned daily activities.
- Has the primary responsibility of notifying all independent residents in the planned activities.
- Works with residents with their ideas for possible implementation in all programs.
- Schedules and maintains resident personal appointments as needed.
- Plans and coordinates activities related to Brookside Landing transportation or individual resident needs. (I.e., resident medical appointments or outside activities.)
- Ensures stock and supplies are maintained for all programs and services.
- Reports to the Director on each residents progress, participation, medical issues, problems and complaints.
- Utilizes “quiet time” to help in dining area, involve residents in non-scheduled activities (such as taking them on a walk), cleaning or straightening the facility.
- Maintains daily diary.
- Maintains quality assurance of facility social and activity programs.
- Encourages the integration of the members of the community into Brookside Landing through an effective public and community relations program.
- Promotes the facility and residents with a desirable image within the community.
- Acts as a liaison between the community and Brookside Landing.
- Initiates contact, tours and maintains friendly follow up with potential residents and family members.
*All items related to the Activities position with a final receipt above $5.00 must be approved prior to the purchase by the Administrator.
OTHER AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assists the Director in all areas, as needed.
- Is the primary driver of the bus, and is willing to take residents during regularly scheduled shift whether appointments have been pre-set or not.
- Acts as primary reception personnel greeting visitors into the facility. Directs them to appropriate staff members.
- Performs receptionist duties, including acting as primary personnel to answer the telephone.
- Ensures all standards and guidelines for both residents and staff are followed.
- Ensures the health and safety of all residents.
- Consults the Director in any situation where the proper action may be unclear.
- Retrieves, distributes and sets out resident mail, daily.
- 40 lb lifting requirement.
- Full range of motion.
- Assists in other duties as requested and/or assigned.
Due to the nature of the facility, the Activity personnel are responsible for other duties as assigned. This is not an all inclusive job description. Due to the nature of the position, the Activity personnel have the most flexible daily schedules and are expected to utilize initiative in meeting resident needs and to offer assistance to other departments.
I have read and understand all of the above listed areas of responsibility. I understand Brookside Landing is an at will employer which means employment can be terminated by Brookside Landing or myself at any time.
Description Posted: 2011-02-16
Duties and job requirements may differ from the above. Please contact the administrator for a current description of this position.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, gender, age, national origin, handicap or veteran status.